Dance Louisville's highly skilled (yet fun and laid back) Staff
Brian Barakauskas (Owner, Instructor, Professional Competitor, Judge, Coach)
Hi there! Years ago I took my first dance steps right here in Louisville. I have now been dancing professionally for almost 15 years. Through competitive ballroom, country and swing dancing I have been able to dance literally around the world as a competitor, judge and teacher.
Well, dancing has taken me full circle. I am now the proud owner of a fantastic studio in its 8th year, Dance Louisville. Although I am still an active competing professional my main focus through our studio is to serve the dance community and you the dancer. I personally invite you to be a part of Dance Louisville.
You can check out my story in the March 12th 2008 issue of the velocity. Yes thats me in black on the cover.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2000, 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2010 UCWDC Superstar World Champion..
- 1999 and 2003 UCWDC Renegade World Champion.
- 2005 3 time Grand Champion UCWDC Division 1.
- World Championships Division 1 -6th place in 2004, 5th place in 2005.
- 2003 Star Award Winner 'Favorite Dancer'
- 2005 Star Award winner 'Favorite Teacher'
- 2007 Japan's Favorite Country Dance instructor
- 2011 3 time Professional American Rhythm Rising Star Finalist
- 2012 6 time Professional American Rhythm Rising Star Finalist
- Former UCWDC Certified Judge
- Performed on television on the BBC in England.
- Guest Instructor on Lifetime TV and ABC.
- Instructor on the soap network series "Southern Bells Louisville".
Teaching, Judging, Competing and Performing
Canada, Englans, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Holland, France, Switzerland, Germany, Malaysia, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, South Africa
Call 377-4859 to book your lesson first lesson or email us at DanceLouisville@Gmail.com
Kelli began her career as a ballroom dance instructor and choreographer in Lexington, Kentucky. She studied theater at the University of Kentucky while teaching and training at the Franklin Cottrell Dance Center. She continued her career as an instructor and choreographer in Los Angeles, where she specialized in teaching beginners and choreographing wedding dances in Culver City. She is excited to be back in Kentucky and to be a part of Dance Louisville where she can share her love for dance in her home state.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2008 Music City Swing 2nd Place Novice Hustle
- 2008 Music City Swing 5th Place ProAm West Coast Swing
To find out more about our studio check out our About Us page
David Royer (Instructor, Salsa Program Director, Amateur Competitor)
It was 2004 when he began to learn Salsa after being inspired by finding clips on the Internet of world-renowned Salsa dancers. After beginning training in Social and Ballroom dances, he began fusing all style of dances to create his own personal style, which now sits at the forefront of the social dance floor. With this more contemporary style of dance, he helps to bring Louisville a look at a cutting edge style of dance, which can already be seen in more contemporary areas globally. He continues to work to put Louisville on the map as a city of progressive dancing.
David is the leading midwest Salsa Teacher and Performer! He is a regular in the Cincinnati and Indianapolis Salsa Scenes as well as being the director or our Salsa dance program including the 'Art in Motion' Salsa team here at Dance Louisville.
Awards and Recognition:
- 2010 Carolina fall classic Bronze and Silver Rhythm Champion
- 2012 USA Dance Gumbo Pre Champ and NoviceRhythm Champion
- 2010 Tri State Salsa Championships 3rd place
- 2011 Tri State Salsa Championships 1st place
Call 377-4859 to book your first private lesson or email us at DanceLouisville@Gmail.com
Michelle Flowers (Instructor, Amateur Competitor)
Michelle danced ballet, lyrical, modern, jazz and tap from the ages of 3-20 including several years of Hip Hop dancing. She began her partner dancing as a ballroom and salsa student in 2004. In 2006 she entered the competitive world in American Rhythm with our owner Brian Barakauskas as her coach. In in 2009 she began assisting in lessons at Dance Louisville. Over the past several years she has continued her teaching and performing of Swing, Latin and Salsa.
Michelle in an important part of our latin dance and salsa program. She is very well versed in many of the different styles of Salsa including, LA Style, New York On2, Casino, and Rueda.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2007 5th place Volunteer State Bronze Rhythm Scolarship
- 2007 5th place Nashville Starz Bronze Rhythm Scolarship
- 2012 USA Dance Gumbo Bronze and Silver Latin Champion